First, ask yourself what you want from life. If you want to do more, experience more, and accomplish more every day, you should invest your time in the Jaycees.
The Junior Chamber is a people-building organization. We change the communities we live in, the people we are, and the people we will become. Through community and personal development projects, we are building a better world around us, one leader at a time.
Ultimately, what you get out of the Jaycees is what you put into it. Your involvement will reap huge benefits.
- Develop as a professional and community leader through hands-on learning opportunities
- Build your leadership skills through active participation, including project planning and volunteerism
- Directly help improve your community
- Connect with young people in your community and statewide around common goals
- Build and polish skills that benefit both your personal and professional life, including public speaking, writing, project management, finance, volunteer management, networking, and entrepreneurship, to name just a few
- Find mentors in your community and develop the skills to mentor others
- Build self-confidence and belief in your own potential as a young person
- Feel ownership over your work in an all-volunteer organization
- Express your voice as a young person in the affairs of your community, your state, your country, and your world.
- Self-satisfaction, self-confidence, and belief in your own potential as a young person - the greatest reward of all!